Closing Date: Not Specified
Closing Date: Not Specified
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Group Technology and Information (GTI) is responsible for Group-wide Technology and Information Governance, Technology Architecture oversight and guidance as well as the Group’s Cyber Security oversight and governance. GTI is also responsible for IT Shared services to businesses in the Group which is provided through three units namely Infrastructure-, Application- and Security shared services. The shared service business model is based on commercial principles and the foundation of the model is a constant drive for consolidation, standardisation, automation and optimisation. As such, GTI has accountability for the design and implementation of agreed IT controls, governance frameworks, policies, standards and solutions to ensure business continuity and minimise information security risks.
What will you do?
Under general direction, assesses complex situations that involve greatest risk. Provides guidance and assistance to subordinate Underwriters. Within company guidelines, approves or denies applications on own discretion. Selects and accepts major risks on behalf of the company, evaluating proposals rather than mechanistic assessment. May supervise underwriting staff. These responsibilities may be applicable across all industries and disciplines.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Facilitate the recovery of all P1/P2 incidents with appropriate reporting and notifications to key Stakeholders
- Manage persistent incidents from Trend analysis and or Management Escalations
- Proactively manage incidents to satisfactory resolution in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate
- Understand and appreciate the impact of incidents on the various GTI Clients’ Business, and/or Business SLA’s allowing for prioritisation and direction.
- Manage Post Mortems for all major incidents to a satisfactory conclusion
- Continuous improvement of the Major Incident Management Process
- Keep Service Desk informed of progress on Major incidents and potential workarounds
- Represent GTI in Weekly Report Back Meetings with the Client
- Chair Daily Major Incidents Meeting attended by Third Party Vendor as well as Internal Service Support Teams
- Daily Reporting.
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting if required
- Schedule, Facilitate and Chair Ad Hoc task team meetings to ensure that Major/Re-occurring incidents are restored as soon as possible and that the root cause identified and resolved.
- Provide input for Monthly MIS Reporting
- Member of Change Approval Board and approval of Emergency Changes
- Quarterly operational incident reporting as input to the Risk Report
- Review and continuous improvement of the GTI Incident Management process
- Trending of re-occuring incidents and assist with the implementing of additional controls and or process improvements
- Assist the Service Desk Team Leader with P3 escalations when required
- Assist with the implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives at the Service Desk
- IT related Degree or Diploma or/ and a minimum of 3 years relevant IT experience.
- ITIL Foundation or/ and Incident Management Practitioners Certification (Recommended)
- 3 Years IT Experience
- Some experience in Incident Management role will be to your advantage
- A proven track record of experience in the ITIL disciplines.
- Experience in working with multiple Service Providers and Technologies
- Excellent understanding of ITIL and ITIL Governance.
- Knowledge of one of more of GTI’s Clients Business and Systems will be an advantage
Qualification and Experience
Degree or Diploma and/or required Certification with 3 to 5 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Client service (complaints/queries/ investigations/advice)
Coaching, training and quality management
Reporting and adhoc meetings
Decision quality – Stage 2
Persuades – Stage 2
Action orientated – Stage 2
Business insight – Stage 2
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Stage 2
Customer focus – Stage 2
Drives results – Stage 2
Collaborates – Stage 2
Being resilient – Stage 2
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.